Sunday, December 5, 2010

This Sunday, December 5th: The Chapel of Ss. Serge & Bacchus @ Ecclesia Gnostica Monthly Service

Second Sunday in Advent: Violet. Mass of same
Feast day of the H. Nicholas

THE LESSON

The lesson is taken from the writings of the Gnostic Fathers:

Cease to seek God in created things on the outside, but seek Him within thyself; and thus learn who it is that takes possession of thee and says: “My God, my consciousness, my understanding, my soul, my body.” Then learn whence is sorrow, and rejoicing, and love, and hate, and being awake, and being asleep, and getting angry against one’s will. Now if thou inquire into these things thou shalt find Him in thyself, one and many, like the atom, and thus thou shalt find the way out from thy lesser self.


We're at 3363 Glendale Blvd in Atwater Village (nearest cross street is Revere, Turn on Revere to enter parking lot from alley.plenty of parking!

Join our Facebook Group!